About Me

My photo
I am a story teller! I love reading like crazy! and love every thing creative! Just love life! and hate it the same way! ("NUTTY" frankly!)

Sunday, February 22, 2009

A close call! (not exactly but the closest I have gotten so far I think!)

When I saw the post by Sabby thought I should relate my experience too!

This was around 9'ish on the Friday!
I was totally absorbed in blogging checking out the blogs done by those who commented on mine, and was commenting on posts..... you know the drill.

Then they decide it is time to kill the power, and I was in the middle of trying to upload a profile picture(curses)! thought it was just one of those power cuts.

Since I cant do anything else I went looking for my mom, well she was looking for a candle for the next door lady, to see we have only one candle which was already burning at the time. Even the shops are out of candles. Then we decide to eat in the dark using the light from my book light (thank god for that, I hate eating in the dark!).

Then I heard fire crackers (i thought they were). Mom got scared and told me that they were firing. Initially it sounded far away then it got closer at one point it was almost like on top of the roof (I am pretty sure it didn't get close to our house but sounded very much like that!). Then we decided that we don't want to die in case a stray bullet come our way, so we crawled under my bed! (now I feel stupid saying this - but bullets are deadly).

Guess what my neighbors did instead! They were sight seeing! I heard them standing out side the houses and talking about the lights, counting the shots etc! How dumb can they get?

After the firing went down we crawled out, and started to have dinner in the dark! (one have to survive after all). Actually I had rice for the dessert, but answered a lot of calls for dinner (-_*)! all our friends and family were checking up on us! including hijinx who wanted to make sure mom and I have not merged in to a single piece!

This made me realise that how horrible it must be for the soldiers out there in the north, both the SL ARMY and LTTE! no I am not a LTTE supporter but they are also human, I THINK!

I simply don't understand the purpose of having a war!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks dear!
    It was awful while it lasted! but me having a short term memory loss problem I don't exactly remember the fear part of it!
    Funny isn't it! one secound you are scared to death, next you talk about it as if it was some one elses experience!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Tell me Tell me!!!!!!!!!!