About Me

My photo
I am a story teller! I love reading like crazy! and love every thing creative! Just love life! and hate it the same way! ("NUTTY" frankly!)

Sunday, February 22, 2009

La Cucaracha’s day out!

Hi everybody!
I am going to be your narrator today. (a lousy one too!)

Where should I start?
Here we go..............

Today we are following a character called Rob..

Is it a short form for Robby? Robert? Berty?
Well I don't know and don't care either......

Let’s begin our journey with Rob.............

He suddenly felt very scared... just scared.... he doesn’t know what to do, where to go, even moving a step ahead was very hard.

He looked around doesn’t see any difference only the darkness. PITCH BLACK!
He feels so trapped, senseless, as if… as if some one had dropped him in the middle of a dessert.

"If only... If only I could see"

Saying that made him realize what was wrong all this time...

"Open your eyes you... idiot...." he mutters.
And slowly as his eyelids separate he see light
Then the wooden floor, and the very dusty wall..

He only see the wall close to him, and can't locate where the other walls are.
Simply because, it is a massive hall which seem to have no ending…

"Where is this place?"
"How did I get here? Sure didn't walk in on my own"
"Didn't even take a ride for sure"

"Let me think, last I remember was lying down on the roof in the super hot sun wondering..........."

"Okay..... Let’s try to get this place figured out"
"May be there is a way out in this direction"

He decide to walk away from the wall

He is walking a long way when he realized that the wall is getting away from him and don't see the other end of the room yet....
"Okay looks like I've stumbled upon the room of no ending"
"I wonder what is up there" and he looks up to see

"Amazing I have never seen such big roof tiles.........."
"Hey am I...... In… a.... ceiling?"

Okay where have we landed now.... in an episode from Gulliver's travels? Or part of the wonderland Alice visited? Well at least we didn't come across anything scary YET!

Hold on a sec there, what is creeping behind Rob?

He turned around just in time to see a huge............

"COCKROACH!"
"He is twice my size too......... better be on my way before we sit for lunch where humans are on the menu"

Robs feet are picking up speed and looks like he is getting away. The cockroach can't reach him yet because Rob is fast. The cockroach decided to stop. There is some kind of movement with his wings..........

NOT THE WINGS!

Now Rob is really frightened the distance between them are reducing rapidly. Rob has no chance of making it.

I can't watch this!

Have a nice lunch Rob! Nice knowing you!

Hold on a sec.

Rob?

ROB! Where did he go now... Rob!

Oh there he is hanging between two strips of wood on the ceiling...

The roach can't get to him now it is fluttering it’s wings and trying to pick him up from within the ceiling boards, but it can't reach far enough.

"Safe! Even if, I am hanging from the ceiling and “only” 2cm small!"
"Oh no…. How do I get out of here?"

"I can't let go. If I do then I will fall on to that fan and die"

Rob is now stuck if he climb up then he will be the lunch for a Roach if he let go of the ceiling then he will be torn to pieces by the already rotating fan.

What should he do now? Oh he is climbing the wire of the fan to get away from both the fan and the roach.

He gets to the wall eventually.

"Phew! At last the wall"

Rob is now climbing down the wall. Look like he is planning to get to the floor. Safe and sound!

"OH NO..........not again"

He lost his grip on the wire just as he touched the wall now he is falling.....

Falling.....

Falling.....

Falling.....

Oh he can grab that crack on the wall.

Missed it, but it broke his fall.

Rob just landed on a nail.

He got up holding on to it.

"Saved by the nail!"

"What do I do now?"

“Only one way to go. In to the wall”

There is a bit of a hole in the wall from where the nail came out from.
It is bigger than it looks from the outside!

“Wow this is one big puzzle!”

"Let’s see what we have here. Maybe I will wake up from this dream if I walk this way, or at least find a way out of this maze and not fall in trouble"

Rob is walking in between two rows of bricks......

This is taking him nowhere. There seem to be no end to this path.

"The bricks are a bit unsteady here, wonder why!"

Rob misses a step, and land on one of the bricks below him.

He is getting up gently so that he won’t hurt himself anymore... But.. As he is getting up he feels fear returning to him. As if… … As if he is surrounded.
He stands up just in time to be pushed back on the ground by a huge cockroach!

“Where do you think you are going pal?”

That voice does not come from the roach who pushed him over, but the one standing above his head……

“Oh my God I am surrounded by talking cockroaches!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“No buddy we have found a talking, miniature human!!!” That is the one who pushed him and pinned him down with one of the hind legs.
“Well in time for lunch too.. I am really hungry” The Fattest roach of all with fluffy wings look hungry indeed.
“Hey fatso YOU are always hungry!”

“Why should we eat him lets study him so we can learn about humans and learn so we can find better food sources” Says the roach standing tall on Robs right with nerdy looking black circles around his eyes.

“Let’s think about the future!!! As usual………..” Fatso rolls its eyes at the nerdy looking roach.
“What’s wrong with eating him up while he is in our captivity?”

“Ok, ok let’s take a vote on how we take care of this creature” Says the big black roach standing behind Rob.

“Raise your hands if you want to eat him!” only the fatso raise his hand.

“I agree with nerdy we should study him. If he doesn’t give us useful information then we will eat him” says the one pinning him down

“I can’t wait to see he fail, coz I would love to taste him.” Fatso is not going to make it easy for Rob.
“Hey you guys this is me you are talking about so don’t I have a say in my faith?”

“Obviously you don’t!” Fatso.

“Let’s take him to the prison”

“Yeah let’s”

“Some one will have to guard him too, Especially from Fatso!”

“Come on guys I am very innocent!!!!” Fatso.

“Not when it comes to food!”

Interesting…
Rob is being dragged away for experiments…… just like a guinea pig……Or rather guinea man! (If there was such a species in existence or maybe rob will be the first).

I am too inquisitive to leave rob alone at this hour, so lets follow him………..

They are dragging a screaming Rob away through the unsteady bricks in the wall….

Is this the family room of the house? Quite spacious and decorated with roach feathers, lets not forget the roaches too. Not only the party of four we met earlier, but many more. A little kingdom of Roaches!

Rob is too terrified to comment on it or even to breath.

They keep on dragging him until they throw him in between a few broken bricks, which I assume serves as a prison to the unwelcome guests or rather creatures to be experimented on.

It is getting darker wonder what they are planning to do with Rob!

Oh maybe I don’t want to know!

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!”

What is it now? He really need to work on the pitch of his scream no matter how much of a danger he is in.

Nerdy is caring a knife and walking towards Rob, Hence the scream.

Is Nerdy going to dissect Rob?

Oh no don’t want to see this……

“You don’t have to worry I was just going to cut you a piece of cheese, you like cheese don’t you?”

Huh!

“Hospitality? By Roaches I don’t believe this!”

“Don’t talk like I am not here. I can understand you remember.”

Looks like Nerdy is sensitive.

“Sorry didn’t mean to hurt you” says rob taking the piece of cheese Nerdy offer.

“Now let’s get to business”

This time no mistaking it Nerdy jumps on top of one of the rocks that hold Rob a prisoner, with the knife in hand and stabs him.

Rob fainted right away…….

“Hey am I dead?”

Isn’t that Rob? What happened? Where is he? Is he dead? Am I dead?

There he is. Lying on the roof caring a knife and about to stab a cockroach.
This time he is not 2cm tall but his actual size.

I don’t believe this…. Walking in on Robs daydreaming... What was I thinking!

So there you have it. My little story for the day!

1 comment:

  1. This was done for a writing group thing for office! don't like the end very much, but suggestions are welcome!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Tell me Tell me!!!!!!!!!!